The ACT Program
- We are a team of specially trained nurses who come into the Emergency Department to see you when you present for care
- We provide care and treatment to individuals who have been sexually assaulted or experienced intimate partner violence
- The ACT Program social worker will provide counseling services to children and youth
- Our services are free of charge and confidential
- We respect the choices you make for your care
- The ACT Program social worker also provides school based presentation programs
Community caregivers in Sioux Lookout partner and support each other to provide compassionate and culturally sensitive care that is responsive to individuals who have been sexually assaulted or who are in a violent relationship.
- Individuals are believed and provided with unconditional, non judgmental support
- The perpetrator is held responsible for the violent behavior.