Mental Health and Addictions Program
Together, we can make a difference
What can I expect?
Recognizing that it takes courage and determination to seek help, you will be treated in a respectful manner by a skilled team of professional counsellors. The goal of the initial screening is to review your concerns and match you with the right counsellor to maximize positive counselling outcomes. When necessary, we will facilitate referral to other appropriate resources or our visiting psychiatrist. Please Note: the psychiatrist typically visits our office six (6) times per year, two (2) days per visit.
Our services are based on mental health and addictions best practices and include:
- Mental Health & Addiction Counselling
- Visiting Consulting Psychiatrist Clinic
- Problem Gambling Counselling
- Needle Exchange Program
- Treatment Referral
- Case Management
- Forensic Case Management
- Wellness & Recovery Centre Day Program
- Outpatient Withdrawal Services our services are free and confidential
Our staff respects a client’s right to privacy and confidentiality. A staff member will reveal information only when authorized by the client and/or when legally required to do so. There are three main exceptions to confidentiality:
- When a client threatens harm to self or others.
- When the client is involved in maltreatment or neglect of a child under 16.
- When a case file or counsellor is subpoenaed. Prior to disclosure the counsellor will have the client provide written or verbal consent. A client may withdraw consent at any time.
- 16 years of age or older for mental health services
- 12 years of age or older for addictions services
*We encourage participation of partners and family members in the counselling process.
*All addictions clients under the age of 16 must have a “Consent to Treatment of Youth” form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Counselling is a working relationship based on mutual respect. We ask that clients be polite to staff and come to sessions prepared to work on their issues.
- We ask you to arrive clean and sober for counselling sessions.
- If you are unable to come to a scheduled appointment, please phone us to let us know, preferably 24 hours in advance.
In order to ensure that you have received the best possible service, we encourage you to complete our client satisfaction survey.
If you wish to talk confidentially with someone at Mental Health & Addiction services about your experiences, we encourage you to call us at (807)737-1275 or toll free at 1-877-737-1275.
Who We Are
As an integral part of Sioux Lookout Meno-Ya-Win Health Centre, and funded by the Ministry of Health, our programs are designed to respond and meet the needs of those affected by mental health and addictions issues.
We are a multidisciplinary group of mental health and addictions counsellors with years of supervised clinical experience.
Working in partnership with our community to provide:
- First class mental health and addictions services through implementation of best practices
We are committed to highest quality counselling, education, assessment, treatment and referral for persons experiencing mental health and addictions issues. These services are offered on a voluntary basis.