Recognizing that it takes courage and determination to seek help, you will be treated in a respectful manner by a skilled team of professional counsellors.
These services are offered on a voluntary basis.
You will be assigned to a counesllor, who you will work primarily with. Should you feel, for whatever reason that the counselor you have been assigned is not a good fit, please do not hesitate to let us know. The therapeutic relationship is important to the success of counseling, and we will willingly assign you to someone else.
Who Can Access This Service
Our services are available to anyone in the Sioux Lookout zone.
The age ranges are:
- 16 years of age or older and their families for mental health
- Youths 12 years of age or older for addictions services.
We encourage participation of partners and family members in the counselling process.
Some of the issues that can be addressed are:
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Referral/ connection to Psychiatric Support
- Addictions and Treatment Planning
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Couples Counselling*
- Coping with Life Stressors (school, work etc..)
- Symptoms of Serious Mental Illness
- Case Management
- Self-Harm, Suicidal Ideation**
- Court Mandated
*Couples counseling is only undertaken, after working individually with both parties
** Crisis Referrals received for local clients will be triaged and ideally connected with a long-term counselor based on need and availability to decrease the client’s need to retell their story